I’m trying a more interactive build this time around.
So let’s start….
4 Delver of Secrets
3 Blighted Agents
1 Reassembling skeleton
3 Mana Leak
2 Tragic Slip
2 Tribute to Hunger
2 Vapor Snag
1 Silent Departure
2 Forbidden Alchemy
2 Gitaxian Probe
2 Runechanters Pike
2 Ghost Quarter
2 Evolving Wilds
1 Nephelia Drownyard
1 Buried Ruin
1 Black Sun Zenith
1 Blue Sun Zenith
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Frost Titan
1 Grave Titan
2 Gruesome Discovery
2 Psychic Barrier
1 Nihil Spellbomb*
2 Vault Skirge*
add me on cockatrice! my username is spiralshadow and i’m on for a little bit every day, including right now n_n
He’s chad but honestly They should shown the round where he mulled to 3.
Hopefully I do well.
IS ANYONE GOING
Hopefully I do well.
Unless you built it wrong.
There is a reason that aside from Inkmoth Nexus, Infect hasn’t exactly been a dominating force in the Standard (or hell, even Modern) metagame.
Infect creatures are restrictive in a lot more ways than they are helpful. Let’s look at some of the best Infect creatures in print right now and…
That awkward moment when you bitch about Infect not being viable in the format anymore because you lost Giant Growth, Vines of Vastwood, Groundswell, and all those other pump spells that did make the mechanic broken.
Also, that awkward moment when you’re comparing a 1/1 Infect creature to other 1/1 non-Infect creatures when Infect kills you twice as fast, so an Infect creature’s power is basically double the power of a non-Infect creature. So Plague stinger is a 2/1 flyer for 1B, so yeah, he is pretty good.
Third, that awkward moment when you bitch about Infect creatures not having enough P/T then say that NO ONE plays the four drop Infect lord that would make them all bigger.
Fourth, how the hell does Phyrexian Crusader die to creatures? With first strike AND Infect, he has to be blocked by a 4 power creature before he dies in combat. That’s not really that common.
Fifth, Skittles is not that cheap. He’s an appropriately expensive bomb. And he’s never seen play.
Sixth, you’re seriously whining because a card can be Dismembered? Are you serious? Run Titans if you hate Dismember that much. And no, Vatmother is really not that great. If I’m running Kessig, my Ravager that’s now a 6/6 thanks to my double Immers will gladly swing into your stupid 4/5, and my other dudes will go right around her. If I’m playing UB Spirits, my flyers will go tweet tweet right over her head and take an aerial crap on her. Or, hell, maybe I’ll just pass for 10 turns straight and let you infect yourself to death. I really can’t understand why this card would ever be better than Hand.
Like seriously, what the fuck? Is there any credibility in this argument to be had at all? No, Infect will never win a Pro Tour. That’s because Spirits or Humans or Kessig or any of the competitive decks are so much better than that shit. Just because there are better variants doesn’t mean it’s useless.
And no, Blighted Agent is actually kind of solid. So.
I bet you were one of the people that thought Rosewater was on to something when he said he tried to bring back Affinity.
And I bet you think Jund was underpowered and that Cascade was a good mechanic.
That awkward moment when a dickhead goes on a spree while not knowing the context of an article.
But even so, I’ll humor each of your points with a proper counterpoint, even though I am almost certain that I am being trolled for followers here.
- Infect was barely viable when Giant Growth and Groundswell and all of that was in the format. The only reason that those decks ever saw the light of day was to smash unskilled players at FNM, and while they were largely effective at that, it still crumbled to well-constructed decks. I’d almost go as far as to say that it was the wrong way to play Infect overall, especially after having seen the incantations of said deck once those cards rotated. I was at PT Orlando about a month ago, and saw a dude get to day 2 with UG Infect with mass buff spells and Livewire Lash. Yeah, Groundswell rotated, but we also got Mutagenic Growth, Spectral Flight, and a couple of other really funny tricks for that deck to flourish.
- Plague Stinger is only effectively a 2/1 if he actually connects to the player. He almost never will. In fact, he’ll usually die to a Gut Shot or some similar burn or block. The fact that he dies to Spirit tokens makes him very underwhelming at 1B.
- Nobody plays Hand of the Praetors because it is not good tempo in Infect. On the turn that you would be playing Hand of the Praetors, you would much, much, MUCH rather be playing a Lashwrithe for (likely) lethal damage. It may be good in some rogue jank Infect list, but I’ve never played anything outside of mono black, where it is not a good card choice.
- Wrong. Phyrexian Crusader only has to be blocked by a 2/3 in order to die. I can think of plenty of creatures that’ll kill him on turn 3. Strangleroot Geist with Undying is an especially dangerous card vs. Crusader.
- Skithiryx is cheap in the sense that he will win you games that you probably would have otherwise lost. I’ve instantly won a lot of games just because I topdecked him, which isn’t to say that this isn’t what a bomb is supposed to do, but I don’t think they’re supposed to be able to turn an already lost game into a victory with very little chance for response.
- Who was “whining” about a card being dismemberable? I simply stated that Vatmother would be a much better card if not for the fact that Dismember kills her. That can be said for lots of cards. Vatmother is better than Hand for Red Deck Wins and Mono White Humans matchups, where you can lock them out of their early threats by having an overwhelming creature pretty early into the game. It causes them to block her in a very defensive way, which will usually end up with you having field advantage. She is also a pretty good card for blocking Titans, which is relevant since you can play her on the same turn that the current ramp decks would ideally be playing their Titans, and she doesn’t die to Inferno Titan’s ETB effect. Hand would just die to everything in these decks.
- Infect doesn’t have to win a Pro Tour. My point was that it is not a mechanic that is properly positioned to do so. Please learn to read before you try coming at me, bro.
- No, Blighted Agent eats Gut Shot all day. It is not solid.
- Affinity was a stupid mechanic that should never have seen the light of day.
Basically, what I’m saying is, get out of here scrub. You are very obviously someone who has a very narrow understanding of card power level in relation to format, which I find unsurprising because you don’t even know how First Strike works.
Just. Fuckin’. Sayin’.
Maybe I missed how First strike works.
Phyrexian Crusader blocked by One Eyed - Scarecrow
Crusader deals two damage to scarecrow, check is scarecrow is dead, It’s not Scarecrow deals 2 back and Crusader dies?
Or is Scarecrow a 0/1 and deals 0.
I’m going to an OPEN this weekend and I need to know these things. Also Everything dies to removal, Even Tarmygoyf so leave Blighted Agent out of this. everything else was fine.
and that POD.
Jace was trying to sleep. This was never a hard task for him; he usually put his iPod in his ears and played some classical music through the night. But tonight his iPod was dead and charging, so he didn’t have the sweet escape of Motzart and Bethoven. Thus he was stuck listening to the loud rap coming from his roommate’s room.
After about two hours of tossing and turning, trying to sleep, Jace finally got up and went over to Gideon’s room to tell him to turn off the music. Unfortunatly, Jace made two mistakes. His first mistake was to go over in his pajamas, which consisted of sweat pants and no shirt. His second mistake was his timing.
Jace opened the door, ready to scream at Gideon, when he stopped dead. Gideon was hanging from the metal bar that was suspended from the ceiling, doing lifts. He had clearly been working out for a while, as he was covered in sweat and had discarded all but his boxers long ago.
“Hey, Jace,” Gideon said with a perverted smile. “I knew you wanted this. Come ‘ere.”
Jace just shut the door, going back to his room to prepare a plethora of spells to wipe that scene from his mind. This is why he was moving out. Gideon was straight as a circle and hit on Jace daily.
It’ｓ make me laugh harder.
Before, I argued with friends about Planeswalker’s sexuality. Almost Japanese Magic fan thought Garruk and Gideon are gay, but, in other hand, almost foreign people thought Jace and Gideon are gay. Interesting…
I mean all the walkers are Bi-Sexual ESPECIALLY Elspeth. Also Yiff Yiff Ajani